Round collar T-Shirt
T-shirt Manche Longue 1917
Long sleeves t-shirt
- The 1917 Long Sleeve T-Shirt is made of uncompromising premium cotton (100% flamed cotton)
- We claim a local and sustainable production! Design created in France, T-Shirts made in Portugal
- For this reference, we propose a round neck with a straight cut
- 1917 cockerel crest at the heart
- The T-Shirt has a tricolour inner lining
- The sleeves are finished with a strong ribbing
- The product is pre-washed to avoid shrinkage and fading
- T-Shirt sold with its historical card, signature of the brand!
History of the product
ONE HEROE, ONE STORY: LIEUTENANT BOYAU
Born in Algeria in 1888, Maurice Boyau was a talented and passionate all-round sportsman and excelled in rugby.
This led him to being selected 6 times for the French team. He was also made team captain for the 1913 selection. When war broke out he was sent into the infantry. In February 1916 he passed his pilot’s licence and insisted in joining a combat unit. He found himself in the 77 squadron, called the sports squadron (due to the large number of top level sportsmen in it).
As soon as 1917, he won many aerial victories and in the summer of 1918 he was made an Officer of the Legion of Honour. On 8th April 1917, He captained a great match between French soldiers and New Zealand. This historical match that felt like an intermission during the Great War, was won by New Zealand, 40 – 0.
The 16th September 1918, Maurice Boyau disappeared, shot down by German artillery, on the eve of his 30th birthday. He took with him 35 victories making him the 5th Ace of the French war. Before his sudden death, a rugby match had been planned, the full team was photographed for the upcoming match. The game was played without him, just 14 players, as his Racing team mates refused to replace their captain.
Made in Europe
Our production is located in France and Portugal.
We worked hard to develop high quality products: the design, the cut, the stitch, the colours... Attached to authenticity that lays deep in the brand DNA, we indicate the place where our products are manufactured, France or Europe.