Round collar T-Shirt
1913 Jean Bouin T-Shirt
Round collar T-Shirt
- The Jean Bouin 1913 T-shirt is made of an uncompromising premium cotton (100% flamed cotton)
- We claim a local and sustainable production! Graphics created in France, T-Shirts made in Portugal
- For this reference, we propose a round neck with a straight cut
- Beautiful and large embroidery on the chest: the 1913 rooster on 2 rings,
- The T-Shirt has a tricolour inner lining
- The sleeves are finished with a strong ribbing
- The product is pre-washed to avoid shrinkage and fading
- T-Shirt sold with its historical card, signature of the brand!
The history of the productJEAN BOUIN
IN 1913, ON THE STOCKHOLM STADIUM TRACK, JEAN BOUIN BEAT THE WORLD RECORD TIME FOR RUNNING 1 HOUR
The legendary athlete, Jean Bouin was already 4 times French cross-country champion from 1909 to 1913, he would go on to win 3 five nations cross country races between 1911 & 1913! In 1911 he explodes the French record for the 10 000 meters in 30 minutes 58 seconds. His neck to neck in 1912 with the Finnish Hannes Kolehmainen who just wins on the line remains a great moment in sports history.
Born in Marseille in 1888, Bouin has sport in his blood. Young, he is so full of energy that his teacher Joseph Pagnol (father of Marcel) scolds him one day : « stop running, great crackpot, go and play marbles, it will never get you anywhere » When we know this sportsman's career its makes us smile!
Exceptionally talented physically the runner from Marseille is intelligent and has a very strict self discipline in training that was very new for the time. The 6th of July 1913 record promises a brilliant future for Jean Bouin who wants to get revenge on the Finnish runner Hannes kolehmainen. Sadly, the war took his life, he fell, on the field of honour on the 29th September 1914, Bouin was only 26 years old.
This shirt is proudly made by Sports d’Epoque in partnershipwith the National Sports Museum.
Made in Europe
Our production is located in France and Portugal.
We worked hard to develop high quality products: the design, the cut, the stitch, the colours... Attached to authenticity that lays deep in the brand DNA, we indicate the place where our products are manufactured, France or Europe.